Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, August 10 2009

> Life is good here. Dad it is possible that I could get sent to an area with a car, but most of the areas are bike or foot. Mom yes I can listen to music, Kennith Cope is good, and EFY, Tabernacle Choir and any appropriate swedish songs, and some blank cd's and I can copy my companions. Eventually I will copy one of the cd's we found in our apartment, Disney songs in swedish, for you all. (something cool just happened, a man just walked up to us, as in 2 seconds ago, asked if we are mormon missionaries and wants to meet us tomorrow). (by the way Patrick P-day we shop, clean, write home, and sight see when we have time). I'm not picky but church songs are definatly welcome. Candy here, well the chocolate is awsome and only costs about 20 crowns ($3.00) or less (everything is a little more expensive here). Last week I got some really good swiss Chocolate for 14 kronor. Maybe if I'm nice I'll send some home. The fruit is very good and grows everywhere.
>
> There was a festival this week celebrating all the people who moved out of Sweden when it was a poor country. It was pretty sweet, and so my companion and I decided to try something new that worked in Göteborg. We made a "Fråga Mormonar om vad som helst. Men vi vet inte allt" sign, (ask the mormons about anything, Small print, but we don't know everything). It worked a little and we decided to gove it another try saturday. Just when we were about to give up the newspaper came and got our picture and asked some questions. The photographer thought it was a prank because my companion is so good at swedish, that is until he saw proof. (I'll sent the paper home) Anyway at least people saw us. Magid is a really awsome person to teach. I went on splits with the Zone leaders and went to teach him (in english) He asked how can I know if its true. I told him to read and pray and told him I had done it and got my answer. He said, "Really what was it" it threw me off a little bit but I recovered and answered and then Äldste Dawson bailed me out.
>
> Sunday the second counciler in the Malmö stake prestidency came down and so I didn't give my talk but will next week. Anyway he quoted Elder Holland when someone asked would you give your life to the Lord and he said, (paraphrasing) I thought I already had.
> Also seek true happiness.
>
> Love Äldste Grindstaff
> Ps. send envelopes.

No comments:

Post a Comment