Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, August 3rd 2009

> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 13:10:02 +0000
>
> Life is going well here. I think we might actually have a normal P-day for once. It feels really nice, and I finnally got my Library card, so I am all set. The weather here is really nice and it rains a lot but does not get as humid as Texas even though I am pretty much on an island. I think its because it doesn't get as hot here. Some days it feels like fall here. Most people are still on vacation, and the sun is starting to go down at 9:30-10:00 instead of 10:30. My companion is from New York (state not city) and is really good at Swedish. He has been out for a little over a year. He cooks most of the food and I do dishes. However, I made brownies today and am excited to get to eat them. The members are great and I have a talk on the Book of Mormon this comming sunday and a Lesson in priesthood the sunday after that. (by the way mom it is from ch. 39 of the Joseph Smith manuel on the reliefsociety, so you can give me some info.) There are a lot of inactives in the branch we will try to meet and especially the youth. (Right now none of the youth come.) As far as active investigators we have Marina (who has a baptisimal date), Magid (who came to church on sunday,and is the student from Iran), and Mikael. There are lots of others I have not met yet also, and we are focusing a lot on finding. We teach about 12 lessons a week, and we are shooting for 15. Yesterday we taught a man from Iraq who understands almost no swedish or english. It was really hard, but we will meet him again with his friend who speaks English and Arabic. (we pretty much just gave him the Arabic Book of Mormon and asked him to read) You would be surprised how many people don't speak swedish or english.
>
> A quick story Friday as we were getting ready to go to bed we had a little visitor. I was writing in my journal when my companion said, "don't move" of course I was surprised until he told me there was an hedge hog was in our apartment. We are on the ground floor and had left the balcony door open for air. Well the hedghog thought our apartment was nice and came in. We immediatly got a camera, a bucket, and a broom. We took pictures and swept it into the bucket and took it out side. It was lots of fun.
>
> I've got to run but if you are wonering how people pronounce my name here is how it was spelled on the board sunday. Äldste greenstaf. Sandra it is almost like how it is down there.
>
> hejdå, Jag alskar er mycket
>
> Äldste Grindstaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment