Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hermana Sandra Grindstaff, 18 June 2009

> Hola familia,
>
> Sorry I didn´t e-mail on Monday. My p-day was moved to today because we had a special zone conference with the mission president (today) and he didn´t want us to loose a day of work.
> So much has been going on that it´s hard to know where to begin.
> Hmm, I have an odd rash on my hands that I´ve had for about a week… the people here keep telling me it –saboñon- which is apparently something you get from the cold.)Sam, feel free to comment about what you think it might be and what to do for it) It´s not too cold here during the day (most of the time), but during the mornings and night times I do get really cold. And yes, Isaac, I have often thought about how you will be dealing with freezing Swedish winters while I am sweating here in Uruguay. (not to mention it does get a lot colder in Sweden then it does here)
>
> Kara told me in an e-mail that I have not mentioned much about my companion, so here´s a little bit about her-
> Her name is hna Blocker and she is from Flower Mound TX (close to Dallas) and this is her last area. In fact, she goes home next week and I will be left with a corto plazo for a couple of days. A corto plazo is a person who subs for missionaries in between changes. So, I will be the senior companion to a native Uruguayan for a few days before I get my new companion. I´m a little nervous about it because I don´t feel like I´m ready for this yet, but it´s coming whether I want it to or not. I am learning that I have to rely completely on the Lord (and I´ll learn it even more when my wonderful companion leaves me). I love the mission and the work that the Lord has given me to do here.
> I wish I had more time to tell you all about the people we´ve been teaching and the new investigators that we´ve found, but my p-day was cut short by the conference and I have run out of time to write. :(
> I´ll be sure to add some of my experiences of the week in my next letter…
>
> Isaac, that flu sounds pretty awful. I´m glad nothing like that went around in the MTC in Argentina.
> It´s so true what Elder Bednar said, there have been times that me and my companion have been working and found someone to teach so unexpectedly and only after did we realize we had been guided by the Lord. This is the Lords work and he will lead us if we let him.
>
> I love you all. Thank you for the letters and e-mails. I was overloaded with letters and e-mails that it was hard to find time to read them all today (I read them on the bus ride)
>
> -hna. Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment