Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, September 7 2009

> Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:36:00 +0000
>
>
> Hejsan alla, (by the way the title says from the greenest city in europe, yes I live there it is their biggest tourist pitch). Dad thank you for telling me about the scores from the game, but I think Scott watched it. I actually explained a little about football in the english class on Thursday and told everyone to root for BYU, so it will be nice to tell them they are winning.
> The package, well I have been craving grahm (I don't know how to spell it) crackers and I can't think of much else I really want. Maybe classical music. Maybe a few simple halloween decorations. It would be really cool for an english class, or branch activity.
> This week has been fun. we had the best of days and the worst of days, but it turned out ok. We found a family from Georgia that can speak only a little swedish and Georgian and Russian. Unfortunatly we can't find anything in Georgian, so we will use Russian. It is surprising how many people here can't speak swedish. Most of the people in my area are from the middle east, and there are lots of Muslims here. (Right now my companion is speaking english to a German couple on vacation here). Sometimes it is frustrating, I am in Sweden, but nobody speaks Swedish, and then we go tracting or contacting and I feel better.
> We had a meeting with the Stake representative to get us and the branch ready for the open house in a couple of weeks. I'm excited and we also leaned that we really need to reactivate here. So, that shall we do. In fact we got Elba, a less active lady from some where in south America, (yes Sandra she speaks spanish) she has been here for 6-10 years and only been to church here once, to come this sunday. It was Awsome and it was nice to hear a little child in Sacrament meeting.
>
> It is lots more fun going contacting now. I can understand for the most part and can participate in the contact. Me and my companion went for 2 days talking only swedish. It was really fun, I love speaking swedish.
>
> Thank you all for your letters
>
> Love Äldste Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment