Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, September 22 2009

> Date: Tue, 22 Sep 2009 14:01:13 +0000
>
> It is kind of wierd having p-day on tuesday. It will be on tuesday next week to, for the same reason (I will be in Älghult). The leaves here are really starting to turn now, and everyone tells me that this weather is unnaturally nice. They say that normally it is cold and rainy all the time this time of year. This past week we taught Magid and his friend Saeid. Magid said that now that ramadan is over he wants to have us over for an Iranian meal. I'm excited. Also yesterday we taught the Muslim family up in Älghult. They are there waiting to see if they can stay in Sweden. They have 5 children (ages 7-13) and come from Lebanon. They have come here because they want their children to grow up away from the violence and don't want to have to be scared for them every day they go to school. Brother Bernstein (I'm not sure how that is spelled) is probably our most positive investigator now. His wife is a member and has been almost her whole life. He comes to church every Sunday and he just has a problem with baptism. Sitting there and talking to them on Sunday (She is one of the few members that feeds us) I felt so sad for sister Bernstein. She wants so bad to go to the Temple and be cealed to her husband, but he is not a member. So, we will focus on him, he lives the gospel already he just needs to be baptised.
>
> Scott has asked me what my favorite food is here, I don't really know. Princess Torta is really good (princess cake), but what I eat most of the time is whatever we have in the apartment. Usually tomatoe soup with spices (Salt, Pepper, etc.) over noodles with meetballs (store bought). or rice and homemade gravy. Something new that we just tried is gravy over french fries, with a hamburger patty. (Mom I made the Hambergers your way and my companion liked them) Now that I think about it my favorite food has to be the Kebob pizzas they have here. It is some kind of lamb meet on a pizza with lettuce and onions and pretty much anything depending on the kind of pizza. (they have what they call hawaii which has bananas on it). (I like the one with Kebab, red onions, lettuce and french fries) Then they have what they call kebab sauce that goes over the top. I only get it once a week, but it is good.
>
> Keep working hard with all that Missionary work there and remember who you all are. Smile and Thank you all for your letters.
>
> Thanks for the spiritual tidbits mom, they are awesome.
>
> Dad keep up the good work, yes the kitchen here is clean and I think it is amazing how just having a clean kitchen makes the whole apartment look cleaner, of course our kitchen is a big part of our apartment.
>
> Sandra, you should be proud, I cleaned the bathroom today.
>
> Mvh (it is swedish for I can't remember what, but basically it means sincerely)
> Äldste Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment