Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, August 31 2009

> Date: Mon, 31 Aug 2009 14:36:56 +0000
>
> So, sorry I havn't written a lot lately, but my branch is pretty small (70 members with 15-20 that come every week) we are in a really cool house that looks kind of like a barn (that is what real swedish houses look like) It is my favorite building. We are teaching around 13 lessons a week shooting for 15, but as of last week we will try for 20. We are going to focus on the less actives in the Branch. The language is a little easier now, but like I have said everyone here can speak english and love to speak english with us. It is really frustrating some times. Our apartment is small a livingroom and bedroom rolled into one, kitchen and Bathroom. I like it though. it makes life easy. (I hope that answers your questions)
>
> This week we tried to go to a little town called Älghult. It didn't work out to well. We got on the bus (an improvement from the last time we tried, for some reason on the weekends the bus changes) My companion even started to talk to a really nice swede. She was from a town somewhere in northern sweden studying in Växjö. She was on her way home for a visit. She talked to us the whole way to her stop mostly about why we decided to serve missions and why they sent us here. (she talked really fast and it was hard to understand her:). It was really fun and we even gave her The Book of Mormon. After that we road on until we realised we had gone to far and had left our area (good thing my companion is the district leader). Anyway we were stuck in a really pretty, but small town for an hour till the next bus and we missed our teach. Luckily the man is really patient and we will try again on Friday. (Cross your fingers or, as swedes do it, hold your thumbs that we can make it).
>
> It is turning to fall here already. It is starting to get cold and the leaves are starting to change and fall. Hopefully it won't happen to fast. I must admit I enjoyed coming home at 9:00 with the sun still up and what not.
>
> I made granola again today, only better because I remembered to put in the butter. I really like it. Every morning I have half granola half corn flakes mixed with yogurt. It is really good, you should try it.
>
> The people here are really nice and I like it here a lot. The members love to help with my swedish, mostly just Anna-Len. (something different here, Members here go by first name in church and not brother or sister followed by their last name). We are going to try to start a Family home evening class for the young single adults here, so if you have ideas I would be grateful.
>
> I'm glad that you are all doing so well. It sounds like fun having a full house, and school again. Keep up the good work. Mom, it sounds like you need sleep. Dad you should be proud, all of your kitchen cleaning has rubbed off on me and I just have to have a clean kitchen. Call me wierd, but the whole apartment seems cleaner with a clean kitchen.
>
> Thank you for your letters, and the Gospel is true and the Lord is there to pick you up when you fall. If anything I have fallen on my face enough to know that. If I could just get it across to some of our investigators that God is there and does care. Testimonies are great for answering that question, so keep yours well used and close. SMA, why? because they work.
>
> I love you all a lot and hope everything goes smoothly. Dad I am with sandra, a new house would be nice, but I love saying I come from Texas, so well even if you move out I will say that.
>
> Love Äldste Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment