Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hermana Sandra Grindstaff, October 26 2009

> Hola familia,
> The peanut butter factory sounds like it was a lot of fun. I know what it`s like to "sort" the peanuts mom. When I did it last year all I did was move the warm peanuts around a bit on the conveyer belt. :)
> Aaron and Anita helping clean the church sounds like really productive work. (I understand that the temptation to ride around in the wheelchairs is great though... especially if you have a younger sibling with the same idea of what`s fun)
> Well, yesterday Uruguay had their elections for president. This has been a huge deal for a long time now and I`m just now getting around to talking about it. Aparently from what the other elders in our city told us today (during our district meeting that we had before our zone activity that we`re having today in Durazno... run on sentence.) the two main candadites have to have a revote. I`m not a fan of all the politics going on around here, especially because yesterday we couldn`t have church due to the elections. ah well. I`ll send you a few photos of some of the election propaganda maybe next week.
> This week me and my companion have been working on getting more help from the members. Missionary work without the members is not easy. We`ve been sharing messages with a few of the families (during lunch or for a few minutes before we have to be home) and it has been great. We had one member help us in one of our areas that`s pretty far (because this member has an old car) and we had a great lesson. The woman we taught has been having a really hard time with everything lately and is having a hard time making sure her family has food to eat. The lesson with this member was great because he has had many hard experiences in his life and was able to testify with a lot of power and love. I love it when we have help from members... (the man that helped us reminds me a lot of dad, he`s great)
> I had an experience that made me realize even more that I am being watched over very carefully. Yesterday the family we were suppose to have lunch with weren`t there, due to elections, and we didn`t have much food in the house. We borrowed two eggs from some members so we could make a cake in the microwave, but my attempts at making it failed miserably. It was the worst tasting cake ever, so we had to throw out my poor attempt at making food. So, I didn`t eat much for lunch (which I am not accustamed to) and as we were out working I felt a little sick, drained of energy and a little shaky. It was an awful feeling. As we were visiting with some recent converts, the wife said in a matter of factly tone "I have pizza and arroz con leche for you". I know this isn`t the healthiest of foods, but it is my favorite thing here to eat and I almost cried because I felt so grateful. I know that Heavenly Father knows us and our needs. He knows when one of his missionaries is hungry and in my case sent an angel to feed me. I felt much better after. I know that without doubt that God lives and loves us. I know this is his work and I`m so grateful I have this time to preach His gospel to His children. We have been rejected many times, but I love the work and I know it`s all true.
> We have been shown a little anti mormon booklet that has a prayer written in the back of what people should pray for. It`s just like the prayer of the zoramites. It say`s something like " We thank thee that we have shown that mormonism is.... etc." it was quite a shock to see that the world has not changed too much from the times of Alma.
> I love you all and I love the work. We are moving forward and seeing many blessings.
> love you,
> hna Grindstaff
> p.s. changes are next Wed. so that is when I will write my next e-mail
> p.s.s Isaac, while you are freezing, I am burning up. My hair is really blonde and my skin has a tan for the first time in years. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment