Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, July 8 2009

> So, the last week at the MTC. It feels so wierd. I can't believe that I get to go to Sweden. One of the reterned missionaries from there, who works here, came and told us a little about it. (we have all also been able to teach him in the Training Resource Center, so he gave us feedback) He talked about how it would be hard, but that is how it is supposed to be. On our missions we will go through the refiners fire at some point, but to keep going. Life is not easy, but that is what makes us grow. We have to have challenges or we will not grow or learn anything. The fireside yesterday was really good. It was Angel Abreas of the seventy and he talked on teaching with the spirit. He said, "you are called to preach, and the spirit will teach." It was really awsome. He went back and forth in the Doctrine and Covenants and explained as he went. I hope I can teach like that. I still love fast Sundays they are awsome and I learn a lot.
> I am so nervous, oh well, I will get over it. I feel bad for my trainer. I am going to ask a lot of questions. I alla fall (anyway) Mom you are right I have learned a lot and could not do it without the Lords help. I still have a long way to go. Oh a strange swedish phrase, I can't remember it in swedish but instead of saying "it goes down hill fast" they say "its going to the woods"
> So, Amy Happy late birthday. I remembered after I e-mailed. Sorry!
> The 4th of July was good. we had a program of how the world was prepared for the gospel and how the reformers were inspired and we watched "The Stadium of Fire" It was lots of fun. There are lots of missionaries here.
> Dad you accidentally sent your letter to me addressed "Dear Scott" It is ok I forgive you. I enjoyed the letter anyway.
> So, I don't know how exactly it works but I leave on Monday and fly to Atlanta and have a 4 hour layover there 3:44 Atlanta time. So some time in there I get to call home, so be prepared. I don't know how long I can talk but I get to call. I am excited. After that I fly strait to Stockholm.
>
> Ps. I saw Elder Kunz yesterday on my way to dinner and apologise to him, if he gets this, that all I said was hi. My companion was on the move and I wanted to eat.
>
> Love you all lots and wish you the best. Thank you for the letters and be safe.
>
> Love Aldste Grindstaff.

No comments:

Post a Comment