Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, October 5 2009

> Sorry about the first message, I had a brain fart (noun meaning "fast" in swedish) and I sent it without writing anything.
> Conference was pretty otroligt (Awesome, or unbelievable). I learned a lot and even know now the time difference between here and there. The first session was from 18.00 to 20.00 Swedish time.(I don't know If I have said this, but they use military time here). So, we saw the first two sessions (the saturday afternoon session rebrodcast on sunday) and the Sunday Morning session. I unfortunatly missed the priesthood session because we had some investigators that wanted to come and we thought it was best to stay in Växjö. In fact after the first session 4 college students from Pakistan (that we had just met 3 hours earlier and taught) came. Aparently they had gotten lost and couldn't find the church. I was really happy they came anyway. It was really cool. I watched it in english (except for one talk) and here the internet was 5 minutes behind, not 15 seconds. I loved it. My favorite talks were Elder Scotts, Elder Bednars, President Uchtdorfs, and President Monsons. I liked them all, and thought it was good to be reminded to sacrifice and serve others. As a missionary that is what I try to do all the time, but can still look around for opportunities to just help. "Be thou an example unto the nations in thought, word, and DEED. As Elder Bednar said, don't be a hypocrite. So, go about doing good (See PMG ch 10, I think)
>
> Other than conference this week has been really good. Mikael came to conference and his lesson went really well. We taught two less actives and found a bunch of other people to teach. After we walked out of the building my companion would talk to someone and we would get invited in to teach them. I have met 8 people from Pakistan now. The first four we met and taught in their dorm sitting cross legged on the ground. It was interesting and fun. They even gave us two boiled eggs (They told us it is the first time in their life that they have to cook for themselves, but I think it tasted ok). We just taught two girls in the Library and am now sending e-mails.
>
> Thank you all for your letters. Sorry if mine make no sense.
>
> Ha det så bra.
> Jag Älskar ni (I love ya'll, Yes "ni" means "ya'll")
>
> Ps. a cool word, can you guess what it means?
> lerig (hint it is an adj. and little kids are this when it rains)
> pps. blött means wet
>

No comments:

Post a Comment