Sunday, January 31, 2010

June 17th 2009 Aldeste Isaac Grindstaff

> So, yes i learned about food this week. Yesterday to tell the trueth. Brother Nielson says the swedish food is way better than american food, especially the ost or cheese. You could almost see his mouth watering. So, the Swine flu is worse in our district this week we had two people in my district Aldste Hepburn and Syster Kelly. Syster Kelly had been sick for a week but hadn't been checked till Monday and is now quarentined for 5 days. Aldste Francis in the next room over was Quarentined Sunday. By the way I love fast sunday! Anyway Aldste Barlow also got sick, but it wasn't the flu. He was just sick, but he is better now. I have a little sore throat and cough, but no fever. The lady said it is just a cold, and I hope she is right. I do not want to be quarentined. Because we have the flu in our district we have to take Tamaflu once a day for 10 days. It is fun. Monday was the day our district got sick, so I have a new companion for a couple days, Aldste Clarke. It was a crazy day and the TRC was hard, but we taught pretty well I think.
> Yesterday we had Elder David A. Bednar and his wife come to speak to us. It was really cool and I got to wave at him as he drove away. He is really cool. He said the Apostles are not as serious as they seem. General conference is just not the time to joke around. He spoke on how we can know if we feel the Holy ghost or if it is just us. His answer was to be a good boy or girl, keep the commandments, remember and keep your covenants, and press forward with steadfastness in Christ and your steps will be guided and your mouth will be filled. He shared a couple of experiences from his mission to last General Conference on how he had no idea that the spirit was prompting him. He just felt like he needed to do it. He told us to read about Nephi and the Brass plates and learn from it. Nephi went and did and didn't really know how but he was guided. So, He said don't worry if you don't feel the spirit tell you to do something. Get out and work and be doing good things and then the Lord will guide you and you will have no Idea he is until after. So, Keep doing what is right and you will be ok.
>
> Thank you for the letters and the ties Maggie. the Elders were excited and will write to thank you today.
>
> All is well and I love the food or maten.
>
> Oh Mom, I was so excited to get a letter from you. the envelope was big and thick. I opened it and the first thing I read was Dear Sandra. So you sent her my letters. I read them Anyway and I hope Sandra that you enjoy my letters when they get there. So Mom, should I send them to Sandra or put them in my scrap book. I love you anyway and was excited anyway.
>
> It has rained almost every day this week and looks like it will today. I thought I was in a dessert. The new sport we play is Sand Vollyball. It is intense.
>
> Thank you once more for your E-mails and letters I love reading them. I can hardly believe that I have been here for 4 weeks today.
>
> I love you all lots and encourage you to do as Elder Bednar directs.
>
> Aldste Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment