Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hermana Sandra Grindstaff, July 20 2009

> Hola familia!
> Sorry I didn´t get to e-mail last week. The computer wouldn´t let us send anything. :( I sent a letter with a few stories of things that happened during the week though.
> Thank you for the letters and the packages. I have only just received the package from Scott and Maggie (thank you so much, by the way. My companions eyes lit up when she saw the recess buttercups... we´ve already eaten quite a few of them in our excitement. Oh, and the gospel picture book is amazing. Thank you so, so much!I plan on using it for a lesson soon)
> My hands are still pretty awful looking. I showed hna. Da Silva on Tuesday and she was a little concerned and told me a few things I could do. My branch president here was also really concerned about my hands and gave me a speach, while we were eating lunch with his family, about how he is looking out for our welfare and I need to wear gloves all the time. So, my companion is doing all the clapping at homes now because it is pretty difficult to clap with my gloves on, which I have to wear all the time or the branch president will get upset with me. :) He (the branch president) really is a great man and is really good to us. He is constantly making me speak to him instead of my companion because he wants to give me all the practice I can get. He won´t even let my companion be the one to call him on the phone!
> We had a busy week yet again. It was filled with little miracles that have helped me realize even more that this really is the Lord´s work and He is in charge of it. On Thursday we had some appointments fall through again (which I have decided is a sign that there is somebody that we need to find in the area because every time it happens we find somebody new to teach). Anyway, me and my companion were talking about how those who are ready to receive the gospel usually don´t know that they were ready until after they have accepted it into their lives. (I hope that makes since) Shortly after we had this conversation we knocked a door of a house I´d been rejected at before and a woman came out. She was really nice, but told us over and over again that she respected our religious beliefs, but that she didn´t have any interest. She then went on to tell us that she didn´t let any missionaries in her house at anytime, not even the Jehova´s Witnesses. After talking to her for a few minutes we found ourselves being led into her home and teaching her a lesson (because in her words, we were different then all those other missionaries she´d met). After that lesson we taught a woman who was baptized 17 years ago and stopped going to church shortly after her baptism. She has a 17 year old son (whom she was pregnant with at the time when she joined the church) who she told us wouldn´t be interested in our message at all. Turns out she was pretty wrong. We taught her and her son (and while my companion taught most of the lesson I had her other 3 kids around me looking at pictures of Christ).
> On Saturday we found a woman and her two grandkids to teach (again when we were left with nobody to teach because our plans had fallen through). The spirit was really strong in the lesson and afterwards I was left in awe at the way we have been led to all these people who are prepared to listen to the gospel.
> Our one golden investigator who earlier this week asked to be baptized is in a coma now…. Sigh… He is the man who told us that after our first visit he felt a feeling of peace wash over him.
> Anyway, I could go on with more stories, but my time is up. Thank you for all your prayers. I love hearing about how all of you are doing. I´m glad Tess is asked about me, even though she didn´t understand where I am right now.
> I love the work and I know the gospel is true, that Christ lives and is at the head of this church.
> Hna Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment