Sunday, January 31, 2010

Hermana Sandra Grindstaff, 29 June 2009

> Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 16:42:00 +0000
>
> Hola familia,
> Thank you for the e-mails.
> John Patrick, good luck reading the Book of Mormon. I`m so exited for you.
> Ella, I do get to eat at members homes and I love it, the only problem is how much food they pile on my plate (I`ve gained a few pounds since I`ve been here and the Branch president here is so proud:)
> Mom, the rash on my hands is still here and I think it`s getting worse, but I don`t know what to do about it. I try to keep my clothes clean, but to be honest it is really hard to find time to wash them all in the bucket and have them dry out on the line (especially on days like today where it`s storming). The church in Progreso is not far from our little house, so it`s convenient.
>
> So, a lot has been going on lately. I have now gotten to know my new companion a little better and I just love her. She is cheerful all the time and it is really contagious (sp?).
> This last week we have been focusing on finding new investigators to teach and have been trying to have more effective contacts. We have tried using new techniques (like singing hymns to people) and it`s worked. I remember listening to a fireside by Elder Holland where he said something about going out and astonishing somebody and this has been our big goal. Last night we had a few more contacts to get to meet our goal and me and my companion were literally running back and forth across the road to catch people to talk to.(It was pretty fun). People are a lot more willing to listen to us when we are smiling and enthusiastic about our message. I am learning a lot from my new companion and I enjoy the work that is here for me to do.
> Yesterday as we were out knocking on doors we found one less active member that was baptized back in like 1961 and has been inactive for years and years and years. Actually, when we first knocked on her door she told us she was catholic, but through our persistente to share the gospel with her we learned that she was a member and by the end she was inviting us to come back. Miracles are happening here in Progreso and we are finding new people everyday.
> Oh, I get to meet my new misiĆ³n president this Friday! :) I`m pretty excited about it, but I will miss pres. Ashby and his wife. They have been amazing in this short time that I`ve been here. I got to hear them talk for the last time at the stake conference this last Sunday. Ah, changes…
>
> I love you all and hope all is going well.
>
> Happy birthday Amy (and all those others that I missed)
>
> Hna. Grindstaff

No comments:

Post a Comment