Sunday, January 31, 2010

Aldste Isaac Grindstaff, September 29 2009

>
> Yes mom I am kind of used to the way Swedish looks and sounds. sometimes I start using swedish frases. (one in particular självklart or obvious. Litterally self clear, and I find my self saying self clear instead of obvious. I can't remember if we say it in english or not, but it sounds right to me). I have forgotten just about all of my spanish. Swedish has filled it in. Every time I try to think of a spanish word the Swedish one comes. I can remember silla but not green. So, mom you are one phrase up on me. I'm not thinking in Swedish yet, I don't have a big enough vocabulary and half of our investigaters are english speaking.
>
> Sandra the teach with Elba went well, but we can't find the other Spanish lady, but we will.
>
> This week Danny (the english man) told us that he will get baptised, but he doesn't want to set a date until he can be sure to be baptised on that date. He said if he says it he will do it, and he doesn't know whats going to happen now with his wife and all that is going on and won't lie to us. I was so excited anyway, because he is committed and will get baptised.
>
> Brother Bernstein is a little hard. His wife loves him so much that when we start teaching pushes him really hard and he clams up. So, the teach was not going well until we remembered what sister Carlson had said, "just tell him you want to practice your swedish by teaching the lessons" So, I said, I can't speak swedish very well and need to practice. Can we just teach you so that we can practice. It was awsome, he laughed and said it was ok and the tension in the room dissapeared. He was really open after that and we were able to talk. I think that is the most I have ever heard him speak. So, we will begin teaching him this week. Listen to the members (especially the relief society president), they know what they are saying.
>
> The English class went really well. Rikard came and we just had fun talking on the U.S. Government.
> Also Helana a less active who is a little mentally ill, was there. She has opened up a lot. At one time she had a restraining order against the Missionaries, but now wants to be taught about the book of Mormon. She loves english and that is what helped her come out of her shell.
>
> Sunday we were low on people (10 including us). So, we went less active hunting. It was lots of fun. We started at one end of town and ended at the other.
>
> Sorry, this is a really long e-mail, but it is fun to write.
> Thank you all for the letters, and ha det cool! (I don't know how they spell it, but you would be surprised the influence the U.S culture has over here).(oh yeah, we almost scared an American teen half to death when we said hi the other day, as she said, "because nobody in sweden says hi to someone they don't know).
> Mvh
> Äldste Grindstaff
> ps. Thank you for the Trick or Treat sign, it is hanging up in the apartment right now and will be used.
> Pps. KEEP THE KITCHEN CLEAN!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment